Welcome to the world of MS-DOS!
In the beginning it was plain DOS... It was about 1991, when I got my first computer. At that
time I started programming in BASIC and Turbo Pascal (with a little of assembly). For about 7 years,
I was writing programs for DOS. After that, I started developing software for Windows, but soon I
fell in love with the Unix environment and completely abandoned the world of dos/dos oops...
dos/win I mean :-)
I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I
love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I
occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly! :-)
- You can try to guess the computer's number, or let
the computer guess your number using the minimum number of efforts!
- nibbles.zip (c source & binary)
- The well known Nibbles game. It supports many players concurrently!
- score4.zip (pascal source & binary)
- The classical game Connect Four (also known as Score 4).
The game's AI is far from perfect (but might beat you easily if you are not careful).
I wrote this game when I had no idea of AI algorithms! :-) If you are interested
in Connect Four, then check also the following:
- mspacgt.zip (pascal source & binary)
- An Ms Pacman game.
- ra.zip (pascal source & binary)
- An arcade/platform game. Idea and graphics were stolen
from Pharaoh's Tomb! (sorry).
- ra2.zip (DJGPP c++ source & binary)
- Second version of RA. Now with scrolling and more colors!
Uses the Allegro
multi-platform game library.
I guess porting to linux would be easy (thanks to Allegro). If you do it, send me a copy!
Turbo Pascal Units
You will need some of these units to compile the pascal games.
|advanced.pas||various advanced routines (indosflag,bload,bsave,etc.)
|ansi.pas||convert a string to ansi-escapes and vice versa
|basic.pas||various text mode routines (gettext/puttext/colors/frames/etc.)
|bios.pas||bios disk drive routines (read/write/format)
|crt2.pas||fast text i/o unit
|fade.pas||fade in/out (palette effect)
|keyb2.pas||keyboard flags (shift/capslock/etc.)
|keyboard.pas||crt's readkey/keypressed replacement
|math.pas||some math routines
|mouse.pas||mouse support unit
|movsb.pas||assembly string operations (with 32-bit support)
|protect.pas||checksum copy protection
|sbaudio.pas||sound blaster audio (low level)
|strhan.pas||string handling routines
|textfont.pas||bios text fonts
|vga.pas||vga 320x200 8bit graphics unit
|xsound.pas||high level audio routines (for games)
File & Disk Utilities
- Split large files in smaller pieces with this utility.
- Search the directory tree in BFS order and change to the directory specified.
- This program allows you to time the execution of another program and
can warn you in real-time if the time limit has been exceeded. It also tries
to detect if the target program has messed with the timer! ;-)
- This program demonstrates the use of the alarm feature
of BIOS. It actually locks up the computer in about a minute!
Of course, you should compile this to disk first and then load the .exe
file. This is common for turbo pascal memory resident programs using Keep().
- Heh, this is fun. This is a memory resident program that
"eats up" some keypresses of the cursor (arrow) keys.
I wrote this program because my sister played a silly game all the
time and didn't let me use the computer! :-D Load
this program and play a game that is using the cursor keys (like pacman) to
see for yourself.